Thursday, February 19, 2009

Hey, Purple Bicycle, got your ears on?


This is my second purple bicycle. The first one was a present from John in the late 60s. It lasted through dogs chasing it (and me) in Georgia and (in the 70s) carrying 2 kids around Texas (it had one carrier in the back for Jay and later we added one in the front for Jennifer). When CB radio was in its heyday I chose Purple Bicycle for my handle. That bike did make it to California but is long gone now. I have taken up biking again within the last year. I had been using a one speed bike that I got at a garage sale for $25 and was realizing that there must be something to having gears for going up hills. So, when I saw a Purple Bicycle at Good Will for $60 in January it seemed to have my name all over it - a match made in Recycling Heaven. It has 12 speeds and (so far)I have gussied it up with a basket, a bell that says I Heart My Bike and a rear view mirror. I got a pedometer for Christmas so it's going on my "new" Purple Bicycle. Now that we have sold our business and only have one vehicle it's very handy to have some alternate transportation. And I can get some Purple (and Green) exercise.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog! Thought I'd come over and check yours out too! Great job! Keep it up with the camera!
    Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! A purple bike! I've never had one of those. Nice work so far, I'm impressed. Now I'm feeling really out of the loop, I don't twitter or blog. Well, not really anyways. I am now following exactly one twitter and one blog!

    Maybe the all powerful Zerlinda can get me motivated to activate my blog finally.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! to you too. I just looked in the online dictionary under high tech chickies and there was Gina 6K. If Zerlinda (in there as the definition of low tech chickie) can do a blog then you should be able to do yours in your sleep, you milti-tasker you!

    ReplyDelete