Friday, August 14, 2009

Self-Portrait of a Purple Bicyclist

Riddle O' the Day:
What do you get when a purple bicyclist falls off of her purple bicycle?
A really big purple bruise! It seems that the helpful guys at the
bike shop moved the seat up a few inches while installing my new
baskets. On my first ride afterwards I noticed that the seat seemed
higher but decided to give it a try since I was in a hurry to get to
an exercise class at the CRC. When I pulled over to a curb to get off
and walk purple bike up onto the sidewalk my foot didn't reach down to
the pavement in the way I was used to. Too late! I was trapped up on
the too high seat as the purple bicycle and I both tumbled onto the
hard hard pavement. The really good news is that I didn't break
anything but have just been very slow-moving for about a week and a
half. The purple bicycle seat has been lowered and I am ready to get
back on the purple horsey tomorrow. And no, I didn't make it to the
exercise class on that ill-fated day. But Purple Bicycle and I did
make it home without having to be towed. So, all in all, life is still
very good and my purple bruise is getting smaller and my muscles less
sore every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment